Not many of us realise the importance of cleaning our carpets regularly. Most of us hover them once a week and some of us only reach for our Dysons and Henry’s when we are expecting guests.
Ideally they should be hovered twice a week with high traffic areas even more often. Pet owners should hover daily. At the end of the day we bring the dirt from our living rooms into our bedrooms and from there - to our beds.
There are many benefits to hovering often and properly. First of all, it keeps us healthier. I dread to think of all the bacteria, dead skin cells, hairs and allergens that can be found inside our carpets.
Secondly, it saves money. By hovering regularly we can prolong the times between shampoo washes. We recommend getting them professionally cleaned every six months for a family of 3-4 people. By hovering often you are essentially saving the money in your pocket.
Here at Clean Rates we pride ourselves on our carpet cleaning skills and tools. Our company uses three different machines to take care of your carpets. Firstly, your carpets are hovered to remove all the dirt and to loosen up the bristles' grip to one another. Second machine is designed for brushing and is used after spraying the carpets with non-toxic cleaning products to lift every bristle and brush the product in. After it has settled for several minutes we use the third machine that uses carpet shampoo solution and hot water to remove dust and every last bit of dirt from the carpets. As a result you get a carpets that are at least a shade lighter and much softer to touch, smell so much better and much more hygienic.
Here are some tips to help you maintain your carpets between washes:
- Hover slowly. By doing so you will get much more dirt out of your carpets. It is so tempting to waste as little time as possible on this mundane task but it is worth it, trust us.
- Hover in different directions as it helps to loosen up the dirt and makes your carpet look fluffier as it separates the bristles in your carpets and helps to get rid of dirt that is sitting deep inside your carpet.
- If there is a spill then blot, don’t rub. Spills happen and it doesn’t have to be the end of the world. Gently pat the stain to get most of it out and then use your favourite store bought or home made carpet cleaning solution to minimise the damage. Remember to test it out on tiny area somewhere in the corner to avoid disasters.
- Contrary to popular belief, hydrogen peroxide is not recommended to use on carpets as it can ruin the original colour.
- Chewing gum can be taken out with a cube of ice.
Look after your carpets. Professional carpet cleaning is not a luxury, it is a necessity. Protect yourself and those around you by keeping your home environment clean and healthy.